- Board of Councilors
- Our Supporters
- Advisory Boards
- Annual Report
- Strategic Plan
- Facility Rental
- The Balch Institute
- Public Speaker's Bureau
The Historical Society of Pennsylvania is seeking an intern to work in the Programs & Services Department, under the direction of the Director of Programs and Communications.
Job Duties May Include:
- Attend biweekly Programs and Services meetings with HSP staff.
- Update content for HSP website.
- Help the communications director promote HSP and our events and services.
- Draft press releases.
- Assist with media tours and interviews.
- Compile press kits and assist with media mailings.
- Update the HSP media contact list, genealogy contact list, and other publicity lists.
- Organize and update the Society’s publication archive.
- Analyze website, blog, social media, and e-mail newsletters usage.
- Develop ways to reach new segments of our audience or expand our marketing efforts.
- Film and edit short videos promoting the organization.
- Proofread promotional materials, including appeals, newsletters, and flyers.
- Assist with events, including registration, set up, photography, and other jobs as needed.
- Work with social media, including HSP’s Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and online media center.
- Assist development department with mailings and Raisers Edge data entry.
- Other jobs as needed
- Intern must have strong organizational, communication, and project-management skills.
- Intern will also be responsible for providing quality customer service.
Schedule: At least 10 hours a week, flexible schedule
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. They must also visit the HSP for an interview and pass a background check.
Please note that this is an unpaid opportunity, but HSP is a happy to work with chosen person(s) to arrange internship credit.
Director of Programs and Communications
Historical Society of Pennsylvania
1300 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
No phone calls please