- Board of Councilors
- Our Supporters
- Advisory Boards
- Annual Report
- Strategic Plan
- Facility Rental
- The Balch Institute
- Public Speaker's Bureau
Question of the Week
Communications & Public Programs Internship
The Historical Society of Pennsylvania is seeking an intern to work in the Programs & Services Department this summer, under the direction of the Communications Manager and the Public Programs Manager. The intern will assist with the planning, promotion and execution of HSP programs. The intern will gain experience researching, designing, and installing document displays, managing website content, soliciting media coverage, and promoting HSP content.
The HSP communications intern may:
• Assist the Communications Manager to promote HSP and our events and services, especially our fall teacher workshops, original document displays, and lectures
• Assist the Programs Manager in planning and executing public programs
• Update the HSP media contact list, genealogy contact list, and other publicity lists
• Create content to be posted on HSP Social Media pages
• Create galleries on the Digital Library website to coincide with document displays
• Assist with media tours and interviews
• Help generate and gather results for user surveys
• Organize and update the Society’s news clippings archive
• Assist at events, including registration, set up, photography, and other jobs as needed
• Proofread promotional materials, including appeals, newsletter, and flyers
• Assist development department and programs department with mailings
• Attend bimonthly Programs and Services meetings with HSP staff
• Other jobs as needed
• Intern must have strong organizational, communication, and project-management skills.
• Intern will also be responsible for providing quality customer service.
Schedule: At least 10 hours a week, flexible schedule
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. They must also visit HSP for an interview and pass a background check.
Please note that this is an unpaid opportunity, but HSP is a happy to work with chosen person(s) to arrange internship credit.
Historical Society of Pennsylvania