The Historical Society of Pennsylvania seeks an intern who is interested in learning more about fundraising and development, with an emphasis on Young Friends programming and special events. The Development Intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, which can be tailored to the individual’s interests, experience, and strengths. Applicants must be available for 10-15 hours per week starting in January. Applicants must be available through May 2016. This is an unpaid internship.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help plan four Young Friends programs: this entails sponsorship solicitation, marketing, event planning, and budgeting
- Coordinate Young Friends Board materials and meetings
- Database management in Raisers Edge
- Assist with mailing campaigns for membership appeals
- Assist in planning and execution of membership and donor events during and after library hours Assist with all aspects of Founder’s Award dinner: marketing, copy writing, guest list maintenance
- Other duties as required
Skill set desired in applicant:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
- Knowledge of young professional groups preferred
- College or Graduate level student
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Bethany Chisholm, Development Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2015.