- Board of Councilors
- Our Supporters
- Advisory Boards
- Annual Report
- Strategic Plan
- Facility Rental
- The Balch Institute
- Public Speaker's Bureau
The Historical Society of Pennsylvania seeks an intern to work in the Programs and Services Department targeting the education audience. The intern will gain experience in how to create educational materials that relate to PA’s Standards Aligned System and in how to market programs to educators.
Job duties may include:
• Creating a new unit plan for the Educator Portal of HSP’s website
• Working with the Educator’s Blog to determine past use, calendar new entries, and write stories
• Posting new lesson plans to the website through a content management system
• Updating our educator mailing list
• Attending weekly department and monthly organizational meetings with HSP staff
• Other jobs as needed
• Background in formal or museum education.
• Good written communication skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• At least 10 hours a week, flexible
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. They must also visit the HSP for an interview and pass a background check.
Please note that this is an unpaid opportunity, but HSP is a happy to work with chosen person(s) to arrange internship credit.
Beth A. Twiss Houting
Senior Director of Programs and Services
Historical Society of Pennsylvania
1300 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107