Uwchlan Township Historical Commission (Chester County, Pennsylvania) was founded in 1975 in conjuction with the US Bicentennial celebration to promote historic preservation within the township. The Commission holds open hours in two township-owned historic buildings, the John Cadwalader House and the Edith P. Moore School House; researches buildings in the township built before 1950, especially those in the Lionville Historic District; and works generally to promote the history and preservation of Uwchlan Township. The Commission holds over 60 linear feet of archival materials dating from 1742 to the present. Over half of these materials are research and subject files on historic properties and other local history topics, consisting of secondary-source materials such as newspaper clippings, published and unpublished research articles, photocopies of primary-source documents, and pamphlets and ephemera. There is also a substantial amount of original primary-source material, such as photographs, deeds, maps, family papers, business records, municipal records, and various other materials collected from local people and organizations.
Uwchlan Township Historical Commission
715 North Ship Road19341 Exton , PA
Small Archival Repository Partner:
Small Archival Repository