Welsh Valley Preservation Society/Morgan Log House

HomeHistory AffiliatesHistory AffiliatesWelsh Valley Preservation Society/Morgan Log House

Welsh Valley Preservation Society/Morgan Log House

Thu, 2013-01-03 15:23 -- Anonymous (not verified)

The mission of the Welsh Valley Preservation Society is to educate the public about the history of Towamencin Township and its place in Pennsylvania history as demonstrated by the architecture of the Morgan Log House, the lives of its past residents and their material culture. The circa mid-1700's Morgan Log House, on land originally settled in 1708 by Daniel Boone's grandfather Edward Morgan, is an example of early domestic architecture. Originally founded as the Towamencin Historical Society in 1970, the Society changed its name to the Welsh Valley Preservation Society in 1985, in response to a need to expand its educational programming.

Organization Logo: 
Organization Location: 
850 Weikel Road
19443 Kulpsville , PA
Pennsylvania US
Small Archival Repository Partner: 
Small Archival Repository
Organization County: 
First Name: 
Sarah
Last Name: 
DiSantis
Title: 
Executive Director
Email: 
director@morganloghouse.org
Phone: 
215-368-2480