Woodford Mansion is a National Historic Landmark located in Fairmount Park in Philadelphia. Built as a country home in 1756-58 by William Coleman, a Philadelphia merchant and close friend of Benjamin Franklin, Woodford is one of the most elegant survivors of the summer retreats built along the Schuylkill River by Philadelphia's well-to-do in the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. Woodford is owned by the Philadelphia Parks and Recreation Department and has been operated by the Naomi Wood Trust since 1926. The house is furnished with an extraordinary collection of antiques begun by Naomi Wood, a Philadelphia-born collector. Woodford Mansion’s archival holdings total approximately 10 linear feet of records of the Naomi Wood Trust, primarily photographs and records of the antique furnishings provided by the Trust.