HSP Adds More Than 6,000 New Records to Discover
The Historical Society of Pennsylvania is proud to announce that more than 6,100 collection level records are now available online through discover.hsp.org. Many of these records were previously unavailable online making this a valuable addition for researchers.
Information on nearly every collection at HSP is now available on discover.hsp.org. These records provide a summary of each collection that will aid you in your research. Examples of materials never before described online include:
- Kirk & Nice, Inc. business records: collection 3414 – An important archive of fairly detailed funeral records
- Violet Oakley sketchbooks and engraving plates: collection 3336 and collection 3334 – Oakley was a predominant local woman artist of the 20th century
- Emergency Aid of Pennsylvania Foundation records: Collection 3263 – interesting records of a WWI aid group, mostly ran by women
- Balch institute mixed ethnicities sound recordings – A substantial group of audio collections.
- All Library Company of Philadelphia manuscript collections housed at HSP
Head over to discover.hsp.org and see what else you can find!