This page provides information and resources for small repositories about managing archival collections. This page is a work in progress; more will be added as the Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories (HCI-PSAR) continues.
Presentations from the April 13, 2013, symposium of HCI-PSAR participants from Philadelphia and Montgomery counties:
- Finding the Finding Aids: Navigating the PACSCL Website - Faith Charlton, HCI-PSAR Project Surveyor [click here to download Powerpoint (PPT)]
- "PastPerfect-ion": Optimizing PastPerfect Museum Software for Archival Description - Celia Caust-Ellenbogen, HCI-PSAR Project Surveyor
- Creative Solutions for Collections Care - Susan Duhl, independent conservator and collections consultant for archives and art on paper, SusanDuhl@verizon.net, 610-667-0714
Basic archival information and resources:
- General information and resources [click here to view PDF]
- Preservation information and resources [click here to view PDF]
History Affiliates Resource Guide:
General information about management of small nonprofits, volunteer management, care of historic houses and museum collection, and related topics are available to History Affiliates members in an annotated Resource Guide. History Affiliates members can access the Resource Guide here.