- Board of Councilors
- Our Supporters
- Advisory Boards
- Annual Report
- Strategic Plan
- Facility Rental
- The Balch Institute
- Public Speaker's Bureau
The Historical Society of Pennsylvania seeks an intern to work in the Programs and Services Department adding new content to www.philaplace.org. The intern will hone research skills, learn how to write for the general public, and gain experience with a website content management system.
Job Duties may include:
• Selecting, researching and writing a story(ies) for PhilaPlace based upon the history of a place in Philadelphia significant for its community history
• Conducting primary source research at HSP and in other Philadelphia archives
• Posting stories to PhilaPlace using Collective Access.
• Attending weekly department and monthly organizational meetings with HSP staff
• Other jobs as needed
• Prior research in primary and secondary sources.
• Good written communication skills
• Facility with computers
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Ability to work both independently
• Preferred: photography experience and ability to travel around city by public transit
• At least 10 hours a week, flexible
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and a short (2-3 pages) writing sample. They must also visit the HSP for an interview and pass a background check.
Please note that this is an unpaid opportunity, but HSP is a happy to work with chosen person(s) to arrange internship credit.
Beth A. Twiss Houting
Senior Director of Programs and Services
Historical Society of Pennsylvania
1300 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107