After completing the two lessons, have students answer the following:
- In what ways were Americans on the homefront called to join in the war effort during World War I? In what ways did the Gibbon children answer that call?
- Which organizations aided the United States during World War I, and in what ways? How did these organizations specifically seek help from citizens on the homefront?
- In what ways were youth invloved in the war effort? How do you think that youth would be involved if war were to break out today?
- How did aviation technology change the course of the war?
- In what ways did United States society change over the course of World War I? Which of these changes do you think were positive or negative, and why?