The Historical Society of Pennsylvania is a perfect venue for many types of events: meetings, seminars, lectures, cocktail receptions, and more. Located in the heart of Center City at 1300 Locust Street, our historic building is wheelchair accessible, convenient to public transportation, and offers attendees a unique setting. We’ve recently completed robust renovations of our building, including the lobby, library, and Patterson Room. HSP can provide chairs, tables, tablecloths, and AV equipment if needed. Answers to frequently asked questions may be found here.
- Patterson Room (2500 Sq. Feet): This large room has been recently renovated and outfitted with a state of the art A/V system. It can accommodate up to 200 people seated lecture style and 150 seated banquet style.
- Information Commons (2500 Sq. Feet): Newly outfitted with document display cases and a 10' digital wall, this space can accommodate up to 150 people for a cocktail reception. This space is only available for rent during hours when the library is closed to the public.
Check Out Our Package Deals:
- Reception Special: Includes use of the Patterson Room and our Information Commons for one low price. Great for meetings or lectures followed by a cocktail reception.
- Lobby & Lounge Microwedding Special (775 Sq. feet): Our newly renovated lobby and lounge area are perfect for microweddings from 2-40 people. The picturesque Patterson Mansion staircase is the premier spot for capturing those priceless moments!
- 2 Hour Meeting Room Special: For groups of 25 people or less, this is ideal for small meetings and think tanks.
- Patterson Pictures: Bring your group for photos in our historic building. The Patterson staircase, mantel, or historic Reading Room provide the perfect backdrop for wedding parties, family reunions, and tourists!
- Behind the Scenes Tour (up to 5 people): Guests are taken on a tour of HSP and brought into the vaults where they can view some of the most treasured items in the collection.
- Document Show and Tell: HSP Librarians will discuss and display a selection of historic documents from the collection on a topic of your choice.
- Digital Wall Show (up to 15 images): Ideal for cocktail receptions, guests can provide images to be displayed on our 10' Digital Wall in the Information Commons. Images must be of sufficient quality and submitted at least two weeks prior to the event date.
For more information or to check availability, contact Christopher Damiani, Public Programs Manager at 215-732-6200 ext. 227 or email@example.com.