What can HSP's Digital Services team provide?
- New digital imaging of HSP material as requested
- Copies of existing digital images, as seen on our Digital Library
- Frameable prints created on demand
- Permission to reproduce HSP images for publication, exhibition, or public distribution
Digital reproductions are available for purchase as lower-resolution PDFs and high-resolution TIFF files (300/600ppi, 24-bit color, uncompressed).
Please note that possession of a digital reproduction of HSP’s collection materials does not constitute permission to publish or exhibit the image. Usage rights fees may apply and vary depending on whether a reproduction is for a non-profit/academic or commercial institution and how it will be used.
What can I do with HSP's digital images?
Many of our patrons are interested in using HSP images in a publication, exhibition, or documentary film. HSP material is also ideal for a variety of creative projects! You could print your own greeting cards, custom wrapping paper, paper dolls, or coloring books. You can even print HSP images on iron-on decals for a fun tote bag or t-shirt design. We are always happy to discuss unique usages of our images.
I saw something great on display at HSP. Can I take a print home with me?
HSP offers archival-quality prints that are suitable for framing. Matte or glossy archival prints are produced in-house on a high-quality Epson color printer. We offer prints at most standard frame sizes from 8” x 10” through 24” x 36”, but can also discuss custom sizes and projects.
How can I submit my request?
Please submit your request through HSP’s ticketing system.
First-time users of the ticketing system will need to enter an email address and a password. The email address you enter will be used for all communication regarding your request, so please use one that you check frequently. After you register, the ticketing system will you send a confirmation email message. (If it does not appear in your in-box, please check your spam folder.) Please click on the link in the message to confirm your address. After you open the link, please do the following:
- Click the “Open a New Ticket” button.
- Select “Digital Image and Rights Request” from the list of Help Topics and “Digital Services” from the Departments.
- Fill out the form as fully as possible. For requests to digitize new material, please provide each item’s title, box/volume/folder info (if applicable), and the collection or call number.
- Click “Submit Ticket” at the bottom of the request form.
If you experience any problems or have further questions, please contact Kaitlyn Pettengill, Digital Services Archivist, at email@example.com or 215-982-2433.
What benefits are available to Friends of HSP?
Friends of HSP are entitled to discounts on high-resolution digital images and frameable prints. Please consult the details of our Friends benefits and please let us know about your Friends membership when requesting rights and reproduction services.
We look forward to fulfilling your rights and reproductions needs!