Field trips and outreach visits create opportunities for students to work directly with primary sources. We offer a wide range of programs on-site for grades 4-12. Read more below about previous programs focusing on Yellow Fever, Civil War, Abolition, Immigration, and Political Cartoons. Please review our policies and procedures below for arranging field trips or outreach visits. When you are ready to book a trip, submit your request through the Field Trip or Outreach forms.
Policies and Procedures
- Please submit your request form at least 4 weeks in advance of the earliest date requested.
- Field trip visits to the Historical Society may be scheduled for Monday morning or afternoon and for Tuesday or Thursday mornings.
- Outreach visits may be scheduled mornings or afternoons for Tuesday through Friday.
- We can accommodate a maximum class size of 30 students for both field trips and outreach visits.
- For “Class Research” visits, we can only accommodate ten different topics per visit. We recommend students work in groups of two or three per topic.
- Unfortunately we are not able to host groups for lunch at this time. Field Trips last no more than two hours. Please plan to eat before or after your visit.
The Historical Society of Pennsylvania will try to accommodate all requests for exceptions to these policies, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate you due to limited staff time to prepare for visits.
If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Parks by email or call 215-732-6200 ext 269.