Archival Adventures in Small Repositories
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to preserving the history of Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Organized in 1952, the Society gained stature when it succeeded in saving the Village of Plymouth Meeting from the threat of the proposed Blue Route Expressway. Through the efforts of the Society, the Village of Plymouth Meeting was placed on the National Register of Historic Districts in 1971. The adjacent Village of Cold Point was added to the Register in 1982 and became a further protection against highway expansion. The archival collections of the Society total over 40 linear feet of materials dating primarily from the mid-19th century to the late-20th century, including photographs, maps, architectural drawings, family papers, scrapbooks, deeds, tax assessments, ephemera, and research materials that document the history of this historic area of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.