Solebury Township Historical Society

3020 N. Sugan Rd
Solebury, PA 18938
Historical Society

Contact:
Donetta Crane

P.O. Box 525
Solebury, PA 18963
Phone: 
215-297-5091
Email: 
info@soleburyhistory.org

The Solebury Township Historical Society was incorporated in 1981 as a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of Solebury Township's (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) historical heritage. The Society, which is headquartered in an historic one-room schoolhouse located in Solebury Village, has an archival collection that spans over 45 linear feet of materials dating from 1845 to the present. The bulk of the society's holdings is local historian Edwin (Ned) Harrington's extensive collection of private publications and research files on various local history topics, particularly local families and historic properties. The Historical Society also has a large collection of attendance registers and some financial records from Solebury schools (1865-1969), records of the Solebury Farmers Club (founded in 1871), and a collection of oral histories which include local personalities and a number of artists from the Pennsylvania Impressionist School.