Advances in the fields of medicine and psychiatry, as well as LGBT rights.
Click each name to find a list of resources available at HSP.
- Member of the Second Continental Congress
- Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Founder of Dickinson College, Franklin College (now Franklin & Marshall) and the College of Physicians
- Elevated the study of medicine in the US and made the practice of medicine more comprehensible and manageable.
- Gay psychiatrist who appeared in full disguise at 1972 APA convention, as “Dr. Henry Anonymous”
- His speech is credited with removing homosexuality from the DSM in 1973 (meaning being gay was no longer considering a psychological disease)