The Historical Society of Pennsylvania seeks an intern with our education department to assist with the creation on online education materials and student programs. The intern will gain experience in how to create curriculum that relates to PA’s Standards Aligned System and in how to market programs to educators.
- Organizing lesson plans for our website
- Editing, updating, and marketing material currently on the website
- Writing lesson plans that align with PA core standards for secondary school
- Assisting with field trips and professional development opportunities
- Other jobs as needed
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Experience working with students
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Preferred background in Education, Public History, or Museum Education
At least 10 hours a week, flexible schedule.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Alicia Parks, Education Manager, at email@example.com. They must also visit HSP for an interview and pass a background check.
Please note that this is an unpaid opportunity, but HSP is a happy to work with chosen person(s) to arrange internship credit.