HSP presents a week-long genealogy course designed to explore the records and repositories available for researching ancestors in Pennsylvania. This is a complete “how to” course, training you to use the resources available at HSP and elsewhere to uncover your family’s story!
As the course is conducted virtually this year, your ticket will include 3 free passes to HSP's library to use at your leisure.
This course is designed for all levels—from beginners to experienced family historians—with a curriculum that takes participants through three primary questions:
- What records are available?
- Where are the records located?
- How do I decipher what I discover?
By the end of this course, you’ll have answers!
Enrollment will be limited to 40 persons on a first-come, first-enrolled basis.
No Refunds can be issued after July 3, 2020.
Class sessions will take place from August 3 to August 7 from 8:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. They will take place virtually, over the zoom platform.
We're disappointed that we can't offer the course in person this year, but we made this decision over abundance of caution for our patrons and staff. Also included with the course will be three complimentary passes to research in our library to be used at your convenience.
Miss a class? No problem. Sessions will be available via recorded video starting the next day, for a week after the session.
What We'll Cover
See our instructor bios.
What Do I Need to View the Course?
- The course is offered virtually over the Zoom platform. You would need a desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, or other mobile device capable of running the zoom platform as well as high speed internet. Requirements are modest, most devices are capable of running the software. Please see the Zoom website for details.
- While a microphone and camera are not required, it would make for a more personal experience to allow you to speak in real time and see your fellow classmates and instructor(s).
- You do not need to create a zoom account to view the course. Invites for each session will be sent to all attendees as we get closer to the start of the course date.
- Many technical questions can be answered on Zoom website.
Friends of HSP support the institution’s mission by providing philanthropic donations that fund general operations. Learn more about the benefits of giving—including discounted admission to genealogy workshops and courses throughout the year—at hsp.org/friends.
For more information about the course, please contact Chris Damiani, HSP’s Communications and Programs Manager, at 215-732-6200 x233 or email@example.com