HSP is excited to offer K12 teachers a reduced registration fee and Act 48 credit for attendance at Pennsylvania Historical Association's conference on "The Place of Pennsylvania." Teachers may choose to attend two sessions on Saturday, November 8, out of the following six:
- Sharing the Wealth: New Online Archival Resources of Philadelphia History
- History and Memory: Pennsylvania as Symbol
- Pennsylvania as a Border State: Fugitive Slaves and Black Refugees
- Philadelphia and the Economics of “Place” in the Early Republic
- A Place for Civil Rights? Civil Rights Activism in the Nineteenth Century
- Law, Politics and Race in Pennsylvania’s Twentieth-Century Urban Space
Sessions will be held at Doubletree Hotel, 237 South Broad Street, in Philadelphia.