Archival Adventures in Small Repositories
Historical Society of Fort Washington
The mission of the Historical Society of Fort Washington is "to preserve the history of the Upper Dublin area and above all, to promote the study of history, dealing with our area." HSFW was founded in 1935 and is headquartered in the Clifton House, which stands on a site where Revolutionary Generals are believed to have encamped in 1777. The Society works to preserve the Clifton House, including its invaluable museum and library contents, as well as to stimulate public interest and support for history.
The Historical Society of Fort Washington collects archival materials relating to the Fort Washington area of Montgomery County, PA, including the Borough of Ambler and the Township of Upper Dublin. Its archival holdings consist of ledgers, scrapbooks, photographs, deeds, maps, minute books, and other documents totaling over 30 linear feet of materials dating from 1721 to the present.